| | | | |
Countable Systems of Degenerate Stochastic Differential Equations with Applications to Super-Markov Chains
Richard F Bass, University of Connecticut, USA
Edwin A. Perkins, The University of British Columbia
We prove well-posedness of the martingale problem for an
elliptic operator under appropriate Hölder continuity conditions on
coefficients. These martingale problems include large population
branching particle systems on a countable state space in which the
dynamics and branching rates may depend on the entire population in a
fashion. This extends an approach originally used by the authors in
Full text: PDF | PostScript
Published on: October 6, 2004
- S.R. Athreya, M.T. Barlow, R.F. Bass, and E.A.
Degenerate stochastic differential equations and super-Markov chains.
Probab. Th. Rel. Fields, 123 (2002) 484-520.
- S.R. Athreya R.F. Bass, and E.A. Perkins, Hölder norm
estimates for elliptic operators on finite and infinite dimensional
spaces, Trans. Amer. Math. Soc., to appear.
Math Review not yet available.
- R.F. Bass, Diffusions and Elliptic Operators.
New York, Springer-Verlag, 1997.
- R.F. Bass and E.A. Perkins, Degenerate stochastic
differential equations with Hölder continuous coefficients and
chains. Trans. Amer. Math. Soc., 355 (2003) 373-405.
- P. Cannarsa and G. Da Prato, Infinite-dimensional
elliptic equations with Hölder-continuous
coefficients. Adv. Differential Equations, 1 (1996) 425-452.
- G. Da Prato, Some results on elliptic and parabolic equations
in Hilbert spaces. Rend. Mat. Acc. Lincei, 7 (1996) 181-199.
- G. Da Prato and J. Zabczyk, Second order
partial differential equations in Hilbert spaces. Cambridge University Press,
- D. A. Dawson and P. March, Resolvent estimates for
operators, and uniqueness of solutions to related martingale problems.
Funct. Anal., 132 (1995) 417-472.
- S.N. Ethier and T.G. Kurtz,
Characterization and Convergence.
Wiley, New York, 1986.
- A. Lunardi, An interpolation method to characterize domains of
generators of semigroups. Semigroup Forum, 53 (1996) 321-329.
- S. Méléard and S. Roelly, Interacting branching measure
processes. Stochastic Partial Differential Equations and Applications,
246-256, Longman, Harlow, 1992.
- E. Perkins, Dawson-Watanabe superprocesses and
measure-valued diffusions. Lectures on probability theory and
statistics (Saint-Flour, 1999),
125-324, Lecture Notes in Math., 1781, Springer, Berlin, 2002.
- T. Shiga and A. Shimizu, Infinite-dimensional stochastic
differential equations and their applications. J. Math. Kyoto
20 (1980) 395-416.
- D.W. Stroock and S.R.S.Varadhan, Multidimensional
Diffusion Processes. New York, Springer-Verlag, 1979.
- L. Zambotti, An analytic approach to existence and uniqueness
for martingale problems in infinite dimensions. Probab. Theory
Related Fields, 118 (2000) 147-168.
| | | | |
Electronic Journal of Probability. ISSN: 1083-6489